It's yoga, just not as you know it...
If you're yet to try Antigravity Yoga - a workout that everyone's talking about - then you're missing out on a host of benefits for mind and body.
Antigravity might not be new, but so many fitness fanatics are yet to try it. The gymnastics-inspired workout uses specially designed hammocks more commonly seen in 'silks' performances in the circus - but in this workout, they're teamed with traditional yoga moves to help you improve your core strength, flexibility and creativity.
The hammock is used to suspend and move the body in mid-air, similar to trapeze artists - but don't worry, it's completely safe and suitable for anyone who is already familiar with exercise. As you can imagine, it's fun, different and seriously effective.
Like traditional yoga, you can expect your balance, agility and strength to be tested in a range of poses and movements. Your full body will be put through its paces, but it'll be worth it, since regular practice can work wonders for your posture, wellbeing and overall health and fitness.
Christopher Harrison’s Personal Guarantee:
“If you can ‘suspend your disbelief’, I guarantee that I can make you healthier, happier and taller, in just one session.”
- Decompress tight joints
- Core strengthening and lengethening
- Increased muscular strength & flexibility
- Relieving pressure while aligning the vertebrae
- Increased kinesthetic awareness
- Fine-tuning balance & increased proprioception
- Low impact cardio-vascular conditioning
- Perform advanced yoga & postural inversions without neck or back compression
- Hold challenging yoga postures longer and in correct alignment
- Stretch further with less strain
- Muscular tension release through self-massage techniques
- Adds an entirely new dimension to your Yoga/Fitness practice
- Create better body awareness while increasing overall agility
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering fears
- Refreshes the lymphatic, digestive & circulatory systems
- Releases “happy hormones” i.e. serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine
- Increases the Neuroplasticity of the brain (one’s ability to learn)
AntiGravity Yoga is not just for you - Kids ABSOLUTELY Love it Too! There are so many benefits for children as well. Children nowadays have such sedentary lifestyles, which takes a toll on their overall and core strength. It also prevents them from developing necessary body awareness. AntiGravity Yoga provides a fun and active approach to get kids moving, while increasing their overall strength.
AntiGravity yoga classes offer an opportunity for your child to develop a strong sense of balance through what is known as vestibular input, which is a fancy way of saying that kids need to experience movement in different directions and orientations to develop proper balance. Additionally, through proprioceptive input (sensation of movement, compression, and traction in a child’s joints), your child can develop better body and spatial awareness. This means less broken lamps, bumps, and bruises from wild, clumsy collisions! Focus on proprioception also helps regulate the nervous system. Lastly, your child receives great exposure to tactile input (sense of touch), which also assists in brain organisation.
Refine Gross And Fine Motor Skills And Increase Strength
Not only does interaction with the silks provide tactile input, but it also helps develop motor skills related to a strong hand grasp, such as handwriting and using eating utensils! Many of the poses taught in aerial yoga incorporate core strengthening elements, which can help improve posture and prevent future injury. Other poses incorporate an inversion element, allowing your child to get the tummy-tickle of being upside down while feeling fully supported. Inversions help flush fresh blood and healthy hormones through your child’s brain, which improves self-regulation and aids in proper development. These elements, paired with a focus on slower, smooth meditative breathing, can even help children with anxiety or attention disorders to find a new-found sense of calmness